Awesome R Posts
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love R CMD Check
@Julia Silge #CRAN #package
A real process of getting a package CRAN-ready.
- Rbitrary Standards
@ Oliver Keyes #R #FAQ
This is an alternate FAQ for R.
- Submitting packages to CRAN
@ François Briatte #CRAN #package
This note lists a few of the mistakes that one can make before submitting a package to CRAN.
- EigenCoder: Programming Stereotypes
@ Jeff Allen #fun #visual
There are a lot of stereotypes in the programming community. Well it turns out that some of these might be true.
- BallR: Interactive NBA Shot Charts with R and Shiny
@ Todd W. Schneider #shiny #NBA
Make your own shot charts for any NBA player dating back to 1996.
- It’s not the p-values’ fault – reflections on the recent ASA statement (+relevant R resources)
@ Tal Galili & Yoav Benjamini #p-value #theory
This post highlights points raised by Yoav Benjamini in his official response to the ASA statement, as well as offers a list of relevant R resources.
- An Introduction to XGBoost R package
@ DMLC #machine learning
- Sustainable code for social scientists
@ François Briatte #reproducible #code
- String manipulations on full names
@ François Briatte #string #preprocess
This note shows how to use the stringr package to clean a list of full names.
- Understanding [.data.frame
@ Kevin Ushey #data.frame
- R Surprises
@ Ondřej Bojar #FFI #gotcha
The number of ‘gotchas’ has exceeded my threshold. Instead of smashing things, I’ll to write about it.